Monday, February 13, 2012

Lemon Pepper Turkey with Asparagus (Super Easy!)

Pin It


Sorry for my lack of posts these days...2 kids with confirmed flu, a very sick old dog, and a husband who was away for work...you all know how that goes. Hopefully, things are calming down around here now.
     This is a very very easy recipe that I like to make on nights that I want to make something fresh and healthy, but don't have a lot of time. You can also use this recipe on the days I forget to take meat out of the freezer to thaw (which happens a lot)! I made it up out of desperation and leftovers. Along with many other things (chicken breast, sweet potatoes, boiled eggs, etc...)  I usually cook a big pot of brown rice, a couple of pounds of ground turkey, and steam asparagus. This is one of those things I threw together one night after a long day of activities, so excuse the lack of appropriate measurements:

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey
1 bunch of asparagus
lemon
salt
black pepper

Brown ground turkey with a little olive oil. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into the meat.  Add salt and pepper to taste. Sometimes, if I'm out of lemons, I will use an msg and salt free lemon pepper seasoning.
While turkey is browning, steam asparagus. I usually just put the asparagus on a plate with a couple of tablespoons of water and microwave it for about 3 minutes. Comes out perfect and still crisp.


Serve meat and asparagus over brown rice.
That's it! Super easy, right? My kids really love this too.  This is a great meal for those busy nights or a healthy lunch you can throw together if you already have the ingredients prepared. Hope you enjoy it. Let me know if you make it. I love to hear from you!
Don't forget me on Facebook.  I'd love to make it an interactive area for discussions and your photos: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blood-Sweat-and-Minivans/240639366014884

1 comment: