Friday, November 7, 2014

Eating on the Go

Like most of you, I am on the go most of the time.  If I am not prepared, fast food or a big cookie from the coffee shop are very tempting. 
Today I am out all day so I packed a few snacks in my cooler.  This is what a typical snack bag looks like.
     I have my Vega protein powder in my blender bottle, yogurt, Laughing Cow cheese, walnuts, Ancient Grains crackers, a granola bar, boiled eggs, lean ham, and a variety of raw fruits and vegetables. I pack it all into a soft cooler with a few water bottles and I'm ready to go.  I did not pack a meal since I will be eating lunch out. 
    This is typically how I pack when I have a long car trip, lots of errands, or several clients in a row and I know I will not be able to get a healthy snack.  I always make sure I have plenty of proteins, fats (banana and walnuts today), some raw crunchy fruits and veggies,  and some good carbs.

   If I know I am not going to be able to stop and pick up a meal, then I pack meals from my food prep that week.  I usually just pack some containers in a soft sided cooler, but this Iso Bag is a big want of mine!


This model comes with enough room to hold 6 meals. It comes with six containers and ice packs to keep your meals cold.  There are also side pockets for your water bottles. This is perfect for work or traveling.

I hope this is helpful to you and you can incorporate these ideas into your healthy eating plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment